Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Signing off

Ty Hampton
The Blotter

-- The Lake County Police Blotter was my proudest creation in my time at the Lake County Leader weekly newspaper.
I have recently started a Facebook group, by the same name, that is more of a memorial/highlight reel to the greatness that was the Blotter for 14 months of my life.

I am the sole creator of the Leader's police blotter but have since unfortunately had to cease my production of the blog and popular column in March 2010 for several reasons that are not important here.

What is important is to thank the good people of the Lake County Emergency Dispatch Center who, without them, this thing wouldn't have ever existed. They spent countless hours of their days each week over 14 months to read me some of the most ridiculous police reports imaginable and share their laughter.

My collaboration with this entity of the greater Lake County Sheriff's Office was absolutely essential and I want to send 99.9% of those thanks to two people in particular: Jessica Barnette and Jim Atkins. You've both been amazing and I owe you a lot. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I want to make clear that just because I am no longer doing the Blotter does not mean that the Leader can not continue with another writer in my place--they surely can and I hope they do.

I am just memorializing my work, and hope to be remembered as the creator, while recognizing the people who made the impossible, possible.

Thank you again Jim and Jess, thanks to everyone for reading...and at the expense of sounding like a primadonna giving an Oscars speech I will sign off now.

No comments:

Post a Comment